Westchester county is very near to NYC and is abundant in culture and history. Here one can explore the Hudson Valley. This county is situated around 30 miles to the north of NYC. This county can be reached by car, train, and bus. This county has retained its rurality along with suburban and urban lifestyles incorporated. There are many locations to see and several things to do with a Westchester Car Service.
Some of the things to do in Westchester County with Westchester Car Service:
This is a story set about Washington Irving. The ideal time to visit this location is October as this is the time when there are several special events.
Points of interest in this place:
- Sleepy Hollow CemeteryIrving’s Legend at Old Dutch Church
- Philipsburg Manor
- Visit a historic home
- Kykuit in Pocantico Hills
- Lyndhurst in Tarrytown
- Van Cortlandt Manor in Croton-on-Hudson
- Glenview in Yonkers
- Horseman’s Hollow at Philipsburg Manor
This location is breathtaking and unique. It is situated spread on 67-acres on the Hudson River. The grounds are available for tourists to take a look around.
Lyndhurst Mansion in Tarrytown, NY
This mansion is abundant in exhibits from 19th-century architecture. The mansion has a castle-like structure. The Bronx Parkway to White plains can be driven on a bike and enjoyed. In May, June and September and particularly on Sundays from 10 am-2 pm, the drive is at its best.
Some of the wonderful museums within this Westchester County:
- Katonah Museum of Art
- Neuberger Museum of Art in Purchase
- The Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art in Peekskill
- The Hudson River Museum in Yonkers
- These museums are ideal for children and adults equally.
- Yonkers, NY
This place hosts several festivals:
- Caramoor Summer Music Festival in Katonah
- The Great Jack-O-Lantern Blaze at Van Cortlandt Manor
- Strawberry Festival in Chappaqua
- RiverFest in Yonkers
- Clearwater’s Great Hudson River Revival in Croton-on-Hudson
Pick your fruit and explore the Orchards and farms of this county:
- The Historic Stuart’s Farm in Granite Springs
- Wilkens Fruit and Fir in Yorktown
- Outhouse Orchards in North Salem
- Stuart’s Farm & Orchards, Granite Springs, NY
Rides available in Westchester County:
- The Historic Playland Park in Rye, NY
- Legoland Westchester at Ridge Hill in Yonkers
- Untermyer Park in Yonkers
FDR State Park
This park is situated 40 miles to the north of NY. It has picnic spots and an Olympic pool which can hold around 3,500 people. This park has NCAA basketball courts and 2 soccer fields. Situated right on Crom Pond and Mohansic Lake, visit this lovely park on a hot summer day.
New Croton Dam
This Dam took around 14 years to construct. It is a hidden gem. This is the 3rd biggest hand-hewn structure on the globe. This area consists of a lovely waterfall and an overlooking bridge on this gushing water. This dam is an engineering wonder.
- Untermyer Gardens, Yonkers, NY
- Westchester Children’s Museum
Westchester Car Service is best to tour around in comfort and ease. The service is professional with drivers knowing the location in and out. It’s also affordable, dependable and reliable in price.
If you would like to have some additional peace of mind, you may want to arrange for your transportation with a professional car service companies like All Transportation Network.