For those who love to travel in mountains the name of Mussoorie as a tourist destination is not new. It is a famous hill station located in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. This location is known for its impressive nature all around the year, tremendous beauty and mesmerizing look that can help the visitors spend some of the quality time with friends and family. This destination is well-developed from the tourism point of view and hence to be here is a dream of many tourists. This beautiful city also has some of the most known destination that one must visit while being here.
- Gun Hill: Those who love to see natural beauty and get the look of Doon Valley, this is the perfect location to have them. A beautiful spot for the lovers of Photography who prefer to capture some wonderful images of natural beauty in this region. There is also a ropeway facility which one can enjoy with the payment of 75/- Rs as a fee.
- Kempty Falls: This beautiful fall is situated at a distance of 15 km from the main city of Mussoorie. It is a perfect destination for a single day outing and one of the most popular destinations among tourists. The water falling from 4500 ft height the tourists can enjoy a refreshing bath in the pond here. There are also some shops in the surroundings that supply food and other items.
- Camel Back Road: This is a road with some natural views and rocks like a camel hump at the end of the road. It is a famous destination for the people who just want to have some romantic walk and view of sunrise and sunset in the area. It is the most preferred areas among the tourists here.
- Mussoorie Lake: This beautiful lake is situated at a distance of 6 km on Dehradun-Mussoorie This artificial lake is much popular among families as well as couples as a spot to enjoy some leisure time in the mid of nature. There is also boating facility available here, and one can get the boat on rent for couple or family.
- Jwala Devi Temple: This temple is also known as Jwala Ji Temple and much famous among the worshippers of Goddess Durga. It is situated on the Binog Hills at the height of 2104 meters; the temple is also surrounded by thick forest. One can see Shivalik Range of Mountains and River Yamuna from this temple. It is much famous temple among the nature lovers also.
Being a much famous tourist spot, Mussoorie is well-connected town to other parts of the country.
How to reach?
One can get government or private buses from Dehradun, Haridwar, and Rishikesh easily. The Jolly Grant is the nearest airport from where one can get a taxi to reach Mussoorie. The nearest railway station is Dehradun Station which is 36 km from the Mussoorie city, and one can easily get the trains for north Indian cities from here.