If you are an International Traveller who is visiting India then we have one advice for you and the advice is that you must travel in India via Train. This will you will be able to keep the cost of your travel low and at the same time, you will be able to enjoy India in the true sense. You can witness the raw natural beauty when the train passes through the countryside or when the train is passing through the remote areas.
A lot of people travelling to India are not aware of the easy process to book the train tickets which can save them many dollars. Here, in this article, we are going to share the process to book the ticket via IRCTC Next Generation Website and you can have your own IRCTC Login ID to book these tickets.
Follow the steps below to create a Login ID and book a ticket all by yourself.
Booking Train Ticket for International Travelers
- IRCTC Next Gen Registration–You need to start by making an account on the official IRCTC Next Gen Website which is www.irctc.co.in. Once you visit the website, click on Register Button on top of the page and make an account for yourself. Once you have the username and password, you need to login to the account and validate the account using OTP that will be sent on your Mail and Mobile Number. Do not forget to change your nationality in the application form.
- IRCTC Train Search– After activating your account, visit IRCTC again and login to your account. On the homepage, you can now enter the source and destination centre. Choose the date of travel and the class of travel. Later, click on the search button and you will get the list of trains.
- IRCTC Availability and Fare Check– On the next page, check the train that you wish to travel in and then click on Check Availability and Fare. This will display the fare of the train along with the availability. If you wish to proceed then click on the Book Now Button. You will be taken to a new page.
- Entering the Passenger Details– This page is to enter the passenger details. Enter your details along with nationality and passport number. Confirm the details and you will again be asked to confirm the details of the journey as well as passengers travelling. Once that is done, proceed to the next page.
- Making the Payment– This is the last step and here, you need to make the payment of the ticket amount so that the ticket will be generated. You can use international debit or credit card to make the payment. Once the ticket is generated, you can take the print out of the same.
This was the complete process to book the ticket with IRCTC Next Gen. You can obtain the print out of the ticket and then you can travel by train. This way, you can save a lot of money by eliminating the need of middleman who may charge you an unconventional commission. Do not forget to carry your Passport during the travel.